Yummy Kheer with Khoya
I love kheer so much that I can’t resist it eating as soon as I see it. My mom makes it with khoya and lots of milk which becomes thick when cooked at low heat.
The combination of milk and khoya create super a tasty kheer recipe in an hour, including the preparation time. You need any normal rice for making kheer because in the end, you will have to mesh all ingredients to make a blended recipe.
Milk and khoya are healthy but add sugar according to your taste. You can also choose to add brown sugar if you want to lose weight. Don’t make it if you don’t have enough patience because a slow cooking makes the real taste.
Garnishing of kheer with nuts is also important to enhance the flavors. You can have it cold or hot depending on your taste. This is an all-season recipe so make it in summer or winter depending on your choice.
People also love to search for kheer recipe in Urdu because of a language issue. Serve it in breakfast or after lunch or dinner or just have it as a snack or sweet that is easily available in sweet shops, as well as in milk shops.
Lahori Kheer Recipe
What to Add
Milk: 1 kg
Rice: 225 kg
Khoya: 1 cup
Sugar: 1 cup
Cardamom or illachi: 2 to 3
Raisins or kishmish: 1 tsp.
Shredded coconut: 1 tbsp.
Shredded pistachio: 1 tbsp.
How to Prepare
- Wash rice and soak them for 20 minutes in water.
- Heat milk in a pan at medium heat and let it boil.
- Add rice, and cook them at low heat until they get soft.
- Add sugar and stir until it gets dissolved.
- Add khoya, and stir the kheer with a meshing spoon till it gets thick and all ingredients get mixed.
- Add illachi and raisins and stir the kheer.
Transfer to a bowl and garnish with pistachio and coconut.