The Appetizing Chicken Shashlik
All Chinese dishes are appetizing because they have vinegar, soya sauce, light Chinese salt, and the sauces which help our stomach digest the food in just a few minutes. The chicken shashlik recipe has variations, such as chefs’ recipes are richer with Chinese flavors than homemade chicken shashlik. We use lots of tomato paste and sauce while cooking it along with thick onion pieces. This is the quickest recipe because the only time goes in preparation as it involves a stir fry process. The stock should be fresh and the chicken needs to be boneless.
The flavor of garlic sauce is not everyone’s favorite so you can replace it in chicken shashlick recipe. Since it has so much sour ingredients so adding some sugar is essential. But, for diabetic patients it involves less sugar. It would be a good idea to serve it with boiled rice or any kind of Chinese rice and pasta as well. The restaurants serve it in a platter placing chicken shashlik in the center and garnish it the way they like. It would be healthy if you stir fry in aliz olive oil other than soya bean or canola oil.
How Chinese Make Chicken Shashlik Recipe
Ingredients You Need
Boneless chicken: 500 gm.
White rice: 500 gm.
Salt and black pepper to taste
Sugar: 1 tsp.
Red chili flakes: 1 tsp.
Aliz olive oil: 2 tbsp.
Ginger, garlic paste: 1-1/2 tbsp.
Onion, cut into cubes: 2 small
Capsicum: 2 to 3
Carrots: 2 small
Cabbage: 15 gm.
Tomato paste: 2 tbsp.
Chili garlic sauce: 2 tbsp.
Tomato ketchup: 2 tbsp.
Soya sauce: 2 tbsp.
Corn flour: 1-1/2 tbsp.
Chicken stock: 1 cup
How To Prepare
- Take a bowl, add chicken and marinate it with salt, chilies, sugar, egg, and black pepper and leave it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Take a pan and heat aliz olive oil, add ginger garlic paste, and chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add chili sauce, soya sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, and salt, stir fry and mix well.
- Add onion and capsicum, and stir fry for 2 minutes, then add chicken stock.
- Dissolve corn flour in a little water and add to the stock and let it cook for 5 minutes till it becomes thick.
Serve with egg fried rice or egg fried pasta.