Crispy Chicken Roast
My favorite chicken roast is grilled but some people love to have it in oil through a deep-fry process. The chicken roast recipe needs yogurt, ginger garlic paste, and the spices, including dry and green spices.
It is the marination that takes time from 3 to 4 hours, but if you are in a hurry you can leave it for 1 hour. Cooks also keep it in the refrigerator for whole night that makes it so soft. Apply aliz olive oil before grilling or add it to all spices.
The right heat of the coals is very important just like the temperature of the oven when you oven grill it.
After trying this Chicken Roast Recipe in Urdu, you will not like to have anything else, because of it so so simple and involve only what is easily available in the kitchen.
You can prepare the marination a day before if you are having the guests. Have it in a party or eat it in dinner with rice, with Nan, or with a soft drink. Such food becomes tastier in winters because of coal grilling.
The Degi chicken roast is also very popular, especially in small street hotels and it is available in all the major cities of Pakistan.
Desi Cooks’ Chicken Roast Recipe
What you need
Full Chicken without skin: 1 to1-/12 to
Yogurt: ½ kg
Ginger garlic paste: 2 tbsp.
Hot spices: 1 tbsp.
Red chili powder: 1 tsp.
Green chili: 1 tsp.
Salt and black pepper to taste
Aliz olive oil: 2 tbsp.
How to prepare
- Wash the chicken thoroughly; let it dry on a paper towel.
- Mix all dry ingredients and ginger garlic paste in yogurt, and aliz olive oil as 1 tbsp.
- Make cuts in the chicken with a sharp knife and the cuts should be small.
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt being mixed with spices and leave it for 2 to 4 hours in a refrigerator.
- Take out the chicken from the refrigerator 15 minutes before grilling
- Heat coals in a BBQ stove, take a skewer and insert the chicken in it and place over the stove.
- Keep on turning around after every few minutes for an even grilling.
- When it gets dark brown, it is ready to serve.
- Serve it with salad and podina chutney.
Notes: You can also grill the chicken in an electric or gas oven. You can also roast it by frying for which you will need the aliz olive oil for deep fry.