Chapli Kabab Recipe in Urdu
Chapli Kabab from Peshawar
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
6 to 8 Servings
What to Add
Ground meat: ½ kg
Chapped tomatoes: 1 large or 2 small
Chopped onion: 1
Scrambled eggs: 2
Beaten egg: 1
Chopped green chills: 2 to 3 or to taste
Green coriander leaves: 1 tbsp.
Maize flour: 2 tbsp.
Crushed mint leaves: 1/12 tbsp.
Crushed pomegranate seeds: 1/1/2 tbsp.
Ginger garlic paste or crushed: 1 tbsp. Roasted cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
Roasted and ground coriander seeds 1 tsp.
Red chilies: 1 tsp. or to taste
Salt to taste
Aliz olive oil for shallow fry
Let’s Make It
- Take onion, ginger garlic paste, green chilies and coriander and blend it for a while.
- Add ground beef and remaining things other than tomatoes, scrambled eggs, and corn flour, and process it till it gets a fine form.
- Transfer it in a bowl and mix it with scrambled eggs, tomatoes, and corn flour, and mix well with hands.
- Make patties by using the wet and clean hands.
- Heat up aliz olive oil in a deep pan, and shallow fry kebab on low heat until they have golden brown color.
- Place chapli kebabs on a platter and serve with salad, chapatti, Nan, or rice and the cold drink.
Sizzling Chapli Kabab Recipe
You will see people eating chapli kebab in Dhaba or big restaurants. Those with Peshawar style are more popular because the kebabs originated from Peshawar. My cook’s chapli kabab recipe is original than a Punjabi taste. The right proportion of all ingredients is very important. You need to keep the minced meat dry or kebabs will get destroyed. Don’t let onion or tomatoes leave their water so process all ingredients carefully. I love the taste of pomegranate seeds that become crunchy under my teeth. I also love the smell of coriander and ginger.
Green chilies are more important than red chilies, so use them while mixing kebab masala or while garnishing. We need to make the meat tender and we achieve this goal through eggs, and corn flour. Avoid adding too much salt, and also make chapli kabab on a low heat until the kebabs get golden brown. Don’t overcook kebabs as they will get hard. The trial and error will make you perfect, so repeat this recipe often. Enjoy it with tea or have it with rice or Nan. Always use fresh meat being washed and ground thoroughly. Use fresh spices and use healthy Aliz Olive Oil.