Juicy, Crunchy, and Spicy Seek Kebab
There are many ways to make seekh kebab such as with chicken or with ground beef. This is the best street food that’s available on the streets of almost all cities of Pakistan. At the same time, you get seekh kebab in all restaurants with Pakistani food, as well as the 5Star hotels also serve chicken seekh kebab and beef kebab. The seekh kebab recipe needs a focus on mixing and grilling on the right heat. Quantity of all ingredients is equally important and make sure you get beef with fat because it helps bind the kebab.
You can use a desi BBQ stove or can buy any modern stove that can take the coals. There is also an option of baking your seekh kebab in an oven, using the skewers. Both electrical and gas oven are wonderful for grilling, and even the microwave oven will help you have excellent grilling. The seekh kebab recipe may or may not have papaya sauce that some cooks use to soften the beef fast. You have to keep kebab for a while to let them marinate with the ingredients evenly. Serve the kebabs with pulao, mint sauce, or tomato ketchup, or eat with the tea or a cold drink.
Who Won’t Love the BBQ and Beef Seekh Kebab?
Things to Add
- Ground Beef with fat: 1 kg
- Green chilies, crushed: 6 to 8
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp. or to taste
- Hot spices: 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Crushed onion: 1 or 2 large
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp.
- Green coriander: 2 tsp.
How To Prepare
- There are two ways to prepare beef for seekh kebab, like either you take beef with some fat, wash it well and grind it in a processor with all whole spices and vegies.
- Secondly, you can buy the ground beef with fat, add crushed onion, green chilies, and others spices. In both methods, make sure the ground beef is dry because water will break the seekh kebab.
- After preparing the entire minced beef, make long kebabs and keep the length as you desired.
- Insert them in skewers that come with oven or you can buy the BBQ skewers.
- Heat coals till they all get burnt, and then place skewers on the BBQ tray over the coals and start cooking. When one side gets brown, turn it around and cook another side. When both sides get cooked, remove the skewer from the BBQ stove.
- Remove kebab from the skewer with a piece of cloth and transfer to a platter, or serve them with skewers.
- Garnish them with cucumber, tomato, and onion, and eat with mint sauce or tomato ketchup.