Special Lahori Nihari Recipe
Those who love to have breakfast out also love the Lahori nihari recipe because it is the real recipe with original spices. In Lahore, you will see several chefs making this food, but the most original taste is available in walled city Lahore or old Lahore which is a hub of desi food, like nehari, halwa puri, nan channay, haleem, kulchay and many others.
Now, several people make it in chicken as well because they can’t have beef. You can also have it for lunch or dinner as a meal because it can easily fill your stomach. The garnishing with onions and ginger is essential, be it chicken nihari or beef nihari.
I once had mutton nehari and it was mind-blowing but a few chefs cook mutton nehari. My nihari recipe in Urdu is very popular because it is easy to understand. The main part of nehari is to use the whole spices without directly mixing in beef, however some cook mix the ground spices in beef.
All spices are healthy and help reduce weight just like aliz olive oil. The gravy becomes thick with flour and you feel the long slices of beef in your mouth with some sticky texture.
How Desi Make Nihari Recipe
Things You Need
Beef: 1 kg
Black pepper: 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Turmeric: 1 tsp.
Aliz olive oil: 4 tbsp.
Flour: 3 tbsp.
Coriander powder: ½ tsp.
Flour: 3 to 4 tbsp.
Ginger paste: 1 tsp.
Fennel: 2 tsp.
Black peppercorn: ½ tsp.
Green Cardamom: 3
Black Cardamom: 2
Curry leaf: 1
Cinnamon: 1 stick
Whole Coriander: 2 tsp.
- Take a heavy based pan and heat oil in it.
- Add beef and fry it for a while.
- Add chilies, turmeric, salt, coriander, and ginger. Mix all, add water.
- Dissolve flour in a little water and add it into beef.
- Take whole spices, grind them, and pack them in a cotton cloth and add to the beef.
- Slow down heat and cook nehari for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove spices when the beef gets tender.
- Transfer nehari to a bowel.
- Fry 2 sliced onions until golden brown and garnish nihari with these onions.
Sprinkle ginger, fresh coriander, mint leaves, and green chilies.