Homemade Gol Gappay Recipe
Some people can’t believe that they can make gol gappay at home, but it’s so damn true. You just need flour and suji for making gol gappay recipe with some spices.
Both gol gappay and the spicy water are important in terms of taste and if any of two fails to give the right taste, you will not enjoy it. You need regular flour and suji for making the dough. The stuffing is also very important, and it has different types.
You can use the chick peas, potatoes, small pakorian, or just chick peas. Dough kneading and frying of round pieces is very important part of the recipe.
Superb Gol Gappay Recipe
What To Add?
Atta: 1 cup
Suji: 1-1/2 cup
Salt: ½ tsp.
Aliz olive oil: 1 tbsp.
Boiled white chana or chick pea
Gol gappay masala: 1 pack
Chili powder: ¼ tsp.
Cumin powder: 1tsp
Kala namak: 1tsp
Regular salt to taste
Aliz olive oil for shallow fry
How To Make
- Take all ingredients of dough and mix them well by adding a little water. Start kneading and the dough must be hard.
- Cover the dough and leave it for 5 to 7 hours to let suji swell. Take a little dough and press it with a roller like a roti of medium thickness.
- Take a cookie cutter and cut the rolled dough into small rounds.
- Heat aliz olive oil in a pan and heat it at high flame, then slow it down.
- Add rounds into the oil and fry them by putting 5 to 6 at a time. Keep the flame slow. Let the rounds become fluffy and then crispy. Take them out when crispy and light brown.
- Take cold water and add gol gappay masala.
Pierce the gol gappa from the top and add the stuffing
It is also simple to find the gol gappay recipe in Urdu through various sources as lots of information is available online. After making it for a few times, you will become perfect in developing the crispy gol gappay.
The black salt that we add in water is very healthy because it helps digestive system absorb the food that’s why people easily eat gol gappay in dozens. But, be moderate and always choose a clean shop when you eat gol gappay from outside.
You can also prepare it in Ramadan for iftari. Try to fry it in aliz olive oil instead of any poor quality oil.