Enjoy Ramadan with Dahi Bhalla Recipe
In Pakistan, people make special foods in Ramadan, including pakoray, samosay, kachorian, dahi bhallay, fruit chaat, chana chaat, lemonade, soda, and so on. We see dahi bhalla on every street an hour before iftari and they are crowded with people. Sometimes you are unable to get dahi bhalla due to crowd and you feel like dying. The best way to solve this issue is to have the homemade dahi bhalla recipe that needs only a few minutes to prepare. We can easily get packed dahi bhalla and pakorian which take time in cooking. Yogurt is available abundantly in every milk shop or you can also get a pack of yogurt if the fresh yogurt is not available.
Dahi bhalla masala pack is also available in all grocery stores. So, all you have to do is to take the ingredients and mix them well. You only need a little effort in washing and cutting the carrot, onion, and cabbage or green chilies. We will have healthy dahi bhalla at home without any germs because most of the shops don’t take care of their food. The homemade dahi bhalla recipe is fresh than the street food and also less expensive. Try to eat it with papari because the crispy papari will make it super tasty.
Have Iftari with Dahi Bhalla Recipe
Things to Add
- Readily available bhala: 6
- Pakorian: 1 pack
- Potatoes:1/2 kg
- Yogurt: 1kg
- Onion: 1 large
- Cabbage: 1 small
- Chinese carrot: 1 large
- Dahi bhalla spices: 1 pack
- Salt to taste
- Dahi bhalla sauce:1 cup
- Podina chutney: 1 cup
- Papari: 1 cup
- Peel off potatoes and boil them till they get tender, and let them cool for a while.
- Peel off onion and carrot and cut into thin and long slices.
- Cut cabbage into thin long slices.
- Add yogurt in a bowl beat it well and if it is sour add a little cream or use as it is.
- Soak pakorian and dahi bhalla in water for 5 to 7 minutes, and then take them out.
- Add potatoes, pakorian, and dahi bhalla, salt, and spices and mix softly.
- Garnish with onion, carrot, and cabbage and serve with dahi bhalla sauce, papri, and podina chutney.
Note: you can make dahi bhala at home with daal mash, and pakorian with basin. You can also add green chilies and white chana. You can also make dahi bhalla sauce at home with apricot and dates.