A Unique Chicken Biryani Recipe
I love biryani and can’t resist it whenever I see it. I like to cook it at home but I don’t mind having it at a good restaurant. I love my mom’s Chicken Biryani Recipe because it is unique as she used to add whole spices to it instead of using biryani masala. It takes a little time for cooking and you get such a yummy recipe. I love the taste of coconut and plums. I prefer only good rice while making biryani so I use long grain rice. I only use the Aliz Olive Oil because it is nutritious.
A Unique Chicken Biryani Recipe in Urdu
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Things to Add:
Chicken: 1 kg
Long grain Rice: 1kg
Sliced onion: ½ kg
Tomato paste: ½ cup
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp.
Yogurt: ½ cup
Aliz olive oil: 1 cup
Green chilies to taste
Salt and red chilies to taste
Hot spices to taste
Shredded coconut: 2 tbsp.
Fennel seeds: 1 tsp.
Dry plums: 1/2 cup
Yellow food color-optional: ¼ tsp.
Boiled eggs: 3
Preparing Chicken Biryani
- First, wash and dry off the chicken and leave it aside. Heat oil in a large pan and fry the onions. Add ginger garlic paste when onions get a little brown, then add chicken and fry it for 2 minutes. Add a little water and chilies and cook it for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure chicken does not get too tender.
- When water gets dry, add yogurt and tomato paste and stir-fry chicken until it becomes gravy. Pour hot spices, green chilies.
- Boil the rice by keeping them half cooked, and strain off rice. You can add salt while boiling them.
- Take a large pan, place a layer of rice, pour half of the chicken gravy, and pour half fennel seeds, dry plums, and coconut.
- Add another layer of rice and repeat the previous process. Place this biryani on the stop on a low heat and let it cook for 10 minutes until all ingredients get mixed. Also, mix it with a large spoon, and transfer it to a platter. Garnish the rice with boiled eggs.
Note: You can add the yellow food color to rice after boiling them. You can also use pickle instead of dry plums.
While cooking chicken biryani recipe I make sure that the chicken does not get overcooked. Generally, people make layers while setting down their biryani, but some people also mix all ingredients without any layers. Some people add pickle, almonds and cashew nuts as well. I garnish it with boiled eggs and love to eat the egg with every bite. I love to eat biryani with kebabs and a cold drink in the end. I also love mint and yogurt smoothie with my biryani. People serve it with salad and plain yogurt. Have it the way you like.