Are you one of those people who simply love to gorge on peanuts and cakes ceaselessly? Well, if this is the case, then allow me to share one of the most scrumptious cake recipes ever! I often build exciting recipes, using a good recipe builder using ingredients that I simply love to feast my taste buds with a mouthwatering frenzy! It is always the awesome choice of uniquely selected foods that’s makes a menu awesome and if it is a Christmas menu, then the entire credit might just land into the hands of a great chef! I always like to pick ingredients and try all recipes one by one, using the available ingredients only! Finding your recipe is the herculean task and I always browse the Internet a lot before deciding what to cook every day!
Today, let us bake a treat for the vegan food lovers in the form of a nutty chocolate cake that is fluffy, rich, moist and delicious in taste! I love this recipe, out of all recipes made by my aunt, using peanut butter and thick, glistening layers of maple syrup frosting that makes the cake taste extra delicious and the remaining frosting can be used as an icing on other cakes too! I use dainty cake tins of 2*200/8 inches!
Each serving offers 557 kcal, 14g protein, 58g carbohydrate (of which 38g sugars), 30g fat (of which 7g saturates), 5g fiber and 0.8 g salt.
List of Ingredients:
For the main chocolate cake recipe:
- 200 grams of plain flour
- 200 grams of caster sugar
- 40g of cocoa powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 200ml of almond milk
- 2 tsp of cider vinegar
- 100ml of Kisan sunflower oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 100g of smooth peanut butter.
Now, comes the frosting part!
- 155 grams of smooth peanut butter,
- 40g of cocoa powder,
- 6 tbsp. of maple syrup,
- 6 tbsp. of almond milk,
- 50g of dairy-free margarine,
- 50g of icing sugar.
- 50g of salted peanuts, roughly chopped,
- 50g of dark chocolate, preferably lacto-vegetarian for the vegans.
The Main Recipe:
- Heat the oven to simply 180C/160C and grease the base of each cake tin with a piece of baking paper.
- Sieve the flour, caster sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a of salt into a mixing bowl and whisk the entire batter strongly till its frothy!
- Measure the almond milk into a measuring jug, add the apple vinegar and mix to combine all the ingredients together till the milk thickens well! Add the oil and add the vanilla essence for aroma.
- Dig into the inner well of the dry ingredients, pour in the sunflower oil and milk mixture, add the peanut butter and whisk to combine all of the aforementioned ingredients together.
- Continue mixing until the batter is smooth and frothy in texture.
- Divide the cake mixture evenly between the prepared tins and adjust the level with the backside of a spoon.
- Now bake for 30 minutes, or until the cakes have risen well and a wooden skewer inserted into the heart of the cakes that comes out quite clean.
- Leave the luscious chocolate cake to cool properly into the cake tins for 3-5 minutes and then carefully turn out onto a cake rack and leave until they become cold.
- Meanwhile, while the cakes cool, prepare the icing to save some time!
- Sprinkle all of the ingredients into a large mixing container and keep beating it until the icing is smooth in texture and looks quite inviting!
- Now, place one cake on an elegant serving dish and spread the upper layer with half of the icing that is used as a decoration. Top with the second cake layer and spread the remaining frosting over the top, spreading it slickly with a palette cake knife.
- Sprinkle the chunks of chopped peanuts and dark chocolate flakes and serve them to the waiting masses!
I hope your family loves it! Happy New Year!